Christmas Marshmallow Pops
Marshmallows on a stick covered with chocolate and decorated with Red Green and White candy melts, these Christmas Marshmallow Pops are tasty and adorable.
Marshmallows + Chocolate = Super Delicious Treat. Add in a lollipop stick and some festive Christmas colors you’ve got yourself a winner Holiday dessert-wise. Our Christmas Marshmallow Pops will not disappoint! They are so easy to make, look so pretty and who doesn’t love marshmallows and chocolate? What a great Christmas treat or a fun dessert for a Holiday party. And did we already say how yummy they are? Give them a try, you won’t be sorry!
How to Prepare the Marshmallows
Step 1: Prepare the marshmallows before melting the chocolate. Marshmallows are like snowflakes … no two are the same, so you want to make sure you have like ones together. We sort through the bag of marshmallows and match them up in sets of threes.
Step 2: Place the first marshmallow on the lollipop stick.
Step 3: Add the second marshmallow, and adjust them on the lollipop stick.
Step 4: Add the third marshmallow but only press the marshmallow halfway down onto the stick. You do not want the stick to come out the top of the third marshmallow or the marshmallow will dry out.
How to Prepare the Chocolate
Step 5: Place the 1/2 cup of melting wafters on a microwave-safe dish or paper plate. (This amount of chocolate should be enough to cover four Marshmallow Pops.)
Step 6: Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, check it, and give it a stir.
Step 7: Continue to microwave the chocolate, 10 seconds at a time, Alternating between heating and stirring.
Step 8: Once the chocolate is almost completely melted, give it a final stir to make sure it is completely smooth.
How to Cover the Marshmallows in Chocolate
Step 9: Roll the marshmallows on the stick in the melted chocolate.
Step 10: If you have problems rolling the marshmallows in the chocolate, have a spoon handy and you can spoon the chocolate over the marshmallows and smooth out the chocolate on the marshmallows.
Step 11: Don’t forget to dip the top of the marshmallow into chocolate.
Step 12: Once the marshmallow pop is completely covered with chocolate, lightly tap the stick on the edge of the plate to get the excess chocolate off. Give it a once-over to make sure it is all covered and place it on a piece of parchment paper. This will leave a “flat side” on the marshmallow, so if you want it rounded on all sides you will have to let them dry standing up and for that, you will need a form brick to put the sticks into.
How to Decorate the Marshmallow Pops
Step 13: We drizzled colored candy melts on our Christmas Marshmallow Pops for decoration. While the chocolate was drying, we melted 15-20 Wilton Red, Bright White and Green Candy Melts in Ziploc bags. In the forth bag we combined Dark Green and Bright White Candy Melts to get a lighter shade of Green.
Step 14: Once melted, we cut the tip off the bag and drizzled the candy over the marshmallow pops. Make sure you only cut the very very tip of the bag. You only want a small hole to give yourself more control over the drizzle.
Step 15: Alternating colors, drizzle the melted candy melts over the Christmas Marshmallow Pops. They turn out so pretty with the drizzled candy melts!
Step 16: Allow the candy to harden before storing them.
Other Christmas Treats You Will Love
- 24 Marshmallows (Regular Sized)
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers or Chocolate Chips
- 8 Lollipop Sticks
- 20 Red Candy Melts
- 20 Bright White Candy Melts
- 20 Green Candy Melts
- For each Marshmallow Pop, find 3 marshmallows that are approximately the same size and skewer them with a lollipop stick.
- Place 20-25 chocolate wafers in the pan and microwave them for 30 seconds, check them, give them a stir and then microwave again for 10 seconds more. Repeat the process until chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Use a spoon to help cover the marshmallows and also to smooth out the chocolate once it is on the marshmallows.
- Allow the marshmallow pops to cool and the chocolate to harden.
- Melt 15-20 Wilton Red, Bright White and Green Candy Melts in individual Ziploc bags.
- Once melted, cut the tip off the bags.
- Alternating colors, drizzle the melted candy melts over the Marshmallow Pops.
- Allow the drizzle on the Marshmallow Pops to harden before storing in an air-tight container.