The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
So many Chocolate Chip cookie recipes to choose from … so little time to try them all. And no matter how many different versions we try, we find ourselves going back to this The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe again and again. Easy to make, with no crazy ingredients, you’ll get Chocolate Chip Cookies that are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside each and every time. And did we mention they are chock full of chocolate chips? A true Two Sisters Family Favorite recipe and the cookie we’ve made more often than any other over the years.
What Makes this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe so Delicious?
Two things set this recipe apart for us … 1) you use more Brown Sugar than Granulated Sugar which makes for a rich, tasty, and chewy cookie. And 2) we have added a little bit of extra Vanilla because you can never have too much vanilla!
How to Make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Step 1: Cream the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a mixer. Add one egg and mix until combined. Add the Vanilla and mix until combined. Add the remaining egg and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, add the flour, Baking Soda, and salt and mix. Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until it is completely incorporated. (Do not overmix once you have added the flour.)
Step 2: Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: We used a 3-tablespoon ice cream scooper to get these uniform cookie dough balls. You can also use a food scale and measure 2.5 oz. of cookie dough and roll them into a ball.
Step 6: Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges with a few little light brown spots on the top of the cookie. Crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside …. DELISH!
Expert Tips and FAQ’s
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container. And they will stay fresh longer if they are completely cool before you pack them up. We usually add a layer of parchment paper between each row of cookies in our plastic container. They will stay fresh at room temperature for 2-3 days if you store them correctly in an air-tight container. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Other Delicious Cookie Recipes You Will Love
- 1 cup Softened Butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 3/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cream the softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a mixer.
- Add the one egg and mix until combined.
- Add the Vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, the Baking Soda and salt and mix.
- Add the flour mixture a bit at a time and mix until it is completely incorporated. (Do not overmix.)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.