White Chocolate Marshmallow Pops
Marshmallows on a stick covered with white chocolate and decorated with pretty Christmas-colored candy. These pretty White Chocolate Marshmallow Pops are delicious!
In honor of our favorite Holiday movie White Christmas, we’ve made these gorgeous and delicious White Chocolate Marshmallow Pops. We used vintage Christmas colors but the same yummy taste as our popular Marshmallow Pops. Everybody loves a good Marshmallow on a Stick and these fun Christmas treats will fly off your Christmas dessert table.
How to Prepare the Marshmallows
Step 1: Our White Christmas Marshmallow Pops are made with Marshmallows, Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers, Candy Melts, and Christmas Sprinkles. We also used Red and Green Candy Melts to decorate the marshmallow pops. The first step is to find three regular-sized marshmallows that are approximately the same size.
Step 2: After getting all the marshmallows on the sticks, prepare your chocolate for melting. (Note: we tried both melting chocolate and white chocolate chips to coat the marshmallows and found the melting chocolate much easier to use. It melted into a thinner consistency so covering the marshmallows was easier. The white chocolate chips were a little clumpy and made a much thicker coating of chocolate. As for taste, there was no difference. They were both delicious.) We used a long shallow pan to melt the chocolate. We put about 20-25 white chocolate melting wafers in the pan and microwaved them for 30 seconds, checked them, gave them a stir, and then microwaved them for 10 seconds more. Stirred and then microwaved them for another 10 seconds. Once they were almost wholly melted we took them out and gave them a final stir. This amount of chocolate covered 2 to 3 wands. Then we used a spoon to help cover the marshmallows and also to smooth out the white chocolate once it was on the marshmallows.
Step 3: If you are going to decorate the Marshmallow Pops with Red and Green Candy Melts, set them aside and allow the white chocolate to harden back up before moving on to the next step. If you are going to decorate the Marshmallow Pops with sprinkles, apply the sprinkles right away while the chocolate is still warm. We used two different kinds of sprinkles. So pretty!
Step 4: For the rest of the White Christmas Marshmallow Pops we drizzled colored candy melts on them for added decoration. While the white chocolate was drying on the marshmallow pops, we melted 20 Red and 20 Green candy melts in plastic baggies. We melted the candy melts in the microwave one color at a time. Start at 20 seconds, massage the melting candy melts a bit, and microwave for another 10-15 seconds. Repeat the process until the candy melts completely melted.
Step 5: Once melted, we cut the tip off the bag and drizzled the candy over the marshmallow pops. Make sure you only cut the very very tip of the bag. You only want a small hole to give yourself more control over the drizzle. Alternating colors, drizzle the melted candy melts over the Marshmallow Pops.
Other Christmas Marshmallow Pops You Will Love
- 24 Marshmallows (Regular Sized)
- 1 bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers or White Chocolate Chips
- Wilton Candy Melts - Red, Green
- Lollipop Sticks
- Christmas Sprinkles
- For each Marshmallow Pop, find 3 marshmallows that are approximately the same size and skewer them with a lollipop stick.
- Place 20-25 white chocolate wafers in the pan and microwave them for 30 seconds, check them, give them a stir and then microwave again for 10 seconds more. Repeat process until chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Use a spoon to help cover the marshmallows and also to smooth out the chocolate once it was on the marshmallows.
- Add sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm if you are going to add sprinkles.
- If you are going to decorate with colored Candy Melts, allow the marshmallow pops to cool and the chocolate to harden.
- Melt 10-15 Wilton Red and Green Candy Melts in individual Ziploc bags.
- Once melted, cut the tip off the bags.
- Alternating colors, drizzle the melted candy melts over the Marshmallow Pops.
- Allow the drizzle on the Marshmallow Pops to harden before storing in an air-tight container.