Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Our Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting features a light, and fluffy cookie chocked full of carrots and cinnamon and topped with delicious cream cheese frosting.
When we think of Spring, we think of Carrot Cake. There are a lot of spring birthdays in our family and our mom loved Cream Cheese Frosting so there were a lot of Carrot Cake Birthday Cakes in our childhood. We decided to take those classic flavors of carrots, cinnamon, and cream cheese and turn them into a cookie … hello Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting! You are delicious! We think this cookie tastes just like Carrot Cake and it is the perfect delivery device for our Best Cream Cheese Frosting. If you like Carrot Cake you’ll love these cookies. Your family will ask you to make them again and again!
Ingredients You Will Need
How to Make the Cookie Dough
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients, including flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into a bowl.
Step 2: Whisk together the dry ingredients until they are completely combined. Set aside.
Step 3: Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter to a mixing bowl.
Step 4: Cream butter and sugars until completely combined.
Step 5: Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
Step 6: Add in the dry ingredients, one cup at a time. Mix until just combined.
Step 7: Add in the chopped or shredded carrots.
Step 8: Fold the carrots into the cookie dough.
Step 9 and 10: We used an ice cream scoop to place the cookie dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 11: Bake the cookies in an oven pre-heated to 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Step 12: Here is what the cookies look like just out of the oven. Golden brown and delicious and chock full of sweet delicious carrots.
How to Make The Best Cream Cheese Frosting
Step 13: While the cookies are cooling, make up a batch of our super delicious The Best Cream Cheese Frosting. You can find the recipe and detailed instructions on how to make this frosting right here.
Frosting the Carrot Cake Cookies
Steps 14-15: Frost the Carrot Cake Cookies with the Best Cream Cheese Frosting using a spreader or a knife.
Steps 16-17: Chop up some pecans. You’ll need about a cup of chopped nuts. Use the chopped pecans to create a circle of nuts around the edge of the cookie. The pecans should stick on the just applied Cream Cheese Frosting.
Step 18: That’s all there is to it! You now have a yummy frosted cookie that tastes just like a piece of Carrot Cake. Enjoy!
Other Frosted Cookies You Will Love
- 1 cup Butter (Sweet Cream, Salted, Softened)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups grated or chopped raw Carrots
- The Best Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- Grate or chop 2 cups of Raw Carrots
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cookie dough one cup at a time and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the 2 cups of carrots.
- Bake the cookies in an oven preheated to 375 degrees oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- Frost with our The Best Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Apply chopped Pecans around the edges of cookies.