Patriotic Pretzels are sweet, crunchy, and delicious – an easy and fun treat for a 4th of July Party or a Memorial Day barbecue.
Sweet, salty, and crunchy our Patriotic Pretzels are a great dessert choice for 4th of July Barbecue or Memorial Day Picnic. Covered in red, white, and blue candy, this easy-to-make treat will really stand out at a party. This is a fun and delicious Red White and Blue-themed treat. And they could not be easier to make. Give it a try, you won’t be sorry!
What type of Pretzels Should You Use?
We used both regular-sized and mini-sized pretzels for our Patriotic Pretzels to shake things up a bit but you can you just one size.
How to make Candy-Coated Pretzels
Step 1: We used 50 Red Candy Melts to cover 18 pretzels. We placed the candy melts on a piece of parchment paper and melted them in the microwave. We started at 40 seconds, stirred them, and then microwaved them again in 10-second increments until the candy melts were fully melted.
Step 2: Next, we placed a pretzel in the melted candy mixture and used a fork to cover the top area of the pretzel.
Step 3: When the pretzel was completely covered, we placed the candy-covered pretzel on a piece of wax or parchment paper to dry.
Step 4: Finally, we drizzled red candy melts on the Patriotic Pretzels for decoration. To do this, we melted 15 Wilton Red Candy Melts in a Ziploc bag. Once melted, we cut the tip off the bag and drizzled the candy over the pretzels. Make sure you only cut the very very tip of the bag. You only want a small hole to give yourself more control over the drizzle. Once the drizzle has hardened you can up the drizzle on the outside and inside of the pretzels with your fingers.
Other Color Options
Step 5: Our Patriotic Pretzels are Red, White, and Blue for our Patriotic Pretzels. We made 18 pretzels of each color, 1/3 regular-sized pretzels, and 2/3 mini pretzels. Each batch used 65 candy melts. So patriotic (and yummy too!)
Other Red White and Blue Desserts You Will Love
- 16 Rold Gold Pretzels - Thins
- 38 Rold gold Pretzels - Tiny Twists
- 65 Wilton Candy Melts - Royal Blue
- 65 Wilton Candy Melts - Red
- 65 Wilton Candy Melts - Bright White
You will need to make three batches of Pretzels in red, white and blue.
We made 18 pretzels of each color, using 1/3 regular sized pretzels and 2/3 mini pretzels.
- Place 50 Candy Melts on a piece of parchment paper and melt them in the microwave. (We started at 40 seconds, stirred them and then microwaved them again in 10 second increments until the candy melts were fully melted. )
- Placed a pretzel in the melted candy mixture and use a fork to cover the top area of the pretzel.
- When the pretzel is completely covered, place the candy covered pretzel on a piece of wax or parchment paper to dry.
- Melt 15 Candy Melts in a Ziploc bag.
- Once melted, cut the tip off the bag and drizzle the melted candy over the pretzels.
- Once the drizzle has hardened you can clean up the drizzle on the outside and inside of the pretzels with your fingers.
Repeat this process for all three colors of pretzels.